152 motorists found speeding in one day operation by Essex Police
- Credit: Archant
152 drivers were found to be speeding in one day in an operation run by Essex Police.
The operation which was run in conjunction with Essex County Council, Essex County Fire and Rescue Service and volunteers from Community Speedwatch.
Volunteers from six Community Speedwatch groups recorded 152 speeding drivers in the Colchester area.
In addition, 20 drivers were dealt with for using mobile phones. 16 people had no valid MOT’s on their vehicles.
Six vehicles were seized because drivers had no licence or insurance.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Hine, operational tasking supervisor at the Essex Police Casualty Reduction Section, said: “We regularly carry out operations like this across the county with our partners and it is disappointing to see drivers still continue to flout laws that are in place for their own safety and that of their passengers, other road users and pedestrians.”
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks