19-year-old arrested after reports of anti-social behaviour
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man has been arrested following reports of anti-social behaviour and drug use in Thurston.
Officers from Stowmarket Response Team have been carrying out regular patrols near Cavendish Hall in the Suffolk village following recent reports of anti-social behaviour and drug use.
As part of a patrol yesterday evening, Sunday, November 8, two vehicles were witnessed in the area of the community centre and the occupants were spoken to by officers.
Two stop searches and a further search of a vehicle were carried out and an amount of suspected cannabis was seized.
A quantity of cash was also later recovered from a property.
You may also want to watch:
A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class B drugs at the scene. He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and was subsequently released under investigation.
Officers continue to work with partner agencies to tackle drug dealing and associated criminality in the Thurston area.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Anyone concerned about drug-related activity in their neighbourhood should contact police on 101.