£1m water park plans confirmed for Clacton seafront
- Credit: Contributed
A water park, new cafe, and public toilets will form part of a planned £1million investment on Clacton seafront.
Clacton Pavilion has confirmed proposals for the project at its site, after an initial announcement of a third phase of redevelopment was made in February.
The tourism firm said a central element of the plans was a family water park, along with a revamped adventure golf facility, cafe and terrace, and re-opening of former public toilets which closed more than ten years’ ago.
Also new would be all-weather undercover attractions in the £1m project, which would bring the company’s total spend on the site to more than £4m.
Billy Peak, Pavilion owner, said a formal application would be submitted to Tendring District Council on November 27 – and invited the public to see the plans at an exhibition event on the same day at the attraction’s Armstrong’s restaurant.
Mr Peak said: “I think this represents a really exciting time for Clacton and we need to make sure that as a destination we provide visitors with new experiences, not just during peak times but also during the off-season.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a very mild November and footfall to the Pavilion has been really good, particularly over half-term but there is a lot of competition out there and Clacton needs to refresh its offer and keep ahead of the game.
“I am keen for people to see what we are doing here and hope they might be able to lend their support to the proposals. We’ve always seen tourism as a partnership approach and this includes the town centre, hotels and restaurants as well as all the other businesses involved in catering to the visitor market.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
“My view has always been that we need to co-operate and work together to get people here, give them different things to do and a reason to come back and tell their friends to do the same.”
If the project gets the green light at from Tendring District Council Mr Peak hopes to begin works as soon as possible, with the aim of opening elements of the development in time for the summer season.
The exhibition of the plans takes place from 3-6.30pm on November 27 at Armstrong’s Restaurant at Clacton Pavilion, on Marine Parade East.