Victim in A12 fatal crash at Frostenden is named
- Credit: Archant
The 22-year-old woman killed in a fatal crash on the A12 at Frostenden has been named by police.
Charlotte Oakes, from Saxmundham, died at the scene following a two-vehicle collision on the A12 near the junction with Gypsy Lane just after 6pm on Wednesday.
Miss Oakes was the passenger in a blue Peugeot 206, which was involved in a collision with a black Isuzu D-max.
The driver of the Peugeot – a woman – was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment.
The man behind the wheel of the Isuzu suffered minor cuts and bruises in the crash.
The road was closed for seven hours between Wangford and Wrentham while investigation work was carried out at the scene by police.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dash cam footage is asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary’s serious collision investigation team on 101, quoting incident CAD 371 of October 18.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism