Firefighters tackling 25 acre blaze in Moulton
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Six fire engines plus one specialist vehicle are on the scene of a major field fire in Moulton.
Firefighters were called shortly after 11.30am today with reports of a bailer ablaze on Cheveley Road.
However more crews were requested after the fire spread to a nearby field full of stubble.
A spokesperson for Suffolk fire service confirmed that 25 acres of cut straw is alight, in addition to 200 tonnes of bailed straw.
He confirmed that firefighters are in control of the situation, where a water bowser from RAF Lakenheath is also in use.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police have closed the nearby B1063 at Cheveley and advised people to avoid the area.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm