‘Utterly heartbroken’ family pay tribute to popular dad-of-three who died in crash
- Credit: Archant
The wife and children of a Jaywick man who died in a road crash say they are “utterly heartbroken” by his death.
Essex Police have provisionally named 33-year-old Daniel Lawrence, from Jaywick, as the person who died the crash in Colchester Road, Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex on Friday, November 2.
Officers were called around 10.20pm on November 2 with reports a pedestrian was in collision with silver Citroen Xsara Picasso.
Officers and paramedics arrived and Mr Lawrence was taken to hospital by air ambulance where he later died.
The driver of the car, who stopped immediately following the collision, was not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
In a tribute to Mr Lawrence, his family said: “We would like to thank all those who have offered their love and support, kind messages of condolences and tremendous generosity at this difficult time.
“Just knowing how much Dan was loved by so many is of great comfort to us all.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 8 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 9 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 10 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
“We are all utterly heartbroken. Dan has left an emptiness in our lives that can never be filled none more so than to his three young children and wife.
“We of course would like to re-iterate that if anyone has any further information or sightings of Dan that evening, no matter how small or insignificant you may feel it is, please make contact with the police.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the serious collision investigation init on 101.
Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org