500 children take part in Crucial Crew at the Mildenhall Stadium
Youngsters have been taught a series of life skills and safety issues this week as they took part in Crucial Crew.
Around 500 Year Six children from 17 schools in the Forest Heath District attended the four-day event, organised by the Forest Heath Crime Prevention Panel, and held at Mildenhall Stadium, in West Row.
There were sessions during the morning and afternoon which were supported and assisted by Suffolk Police, Suffolk Fire and Rescue and East Anglia Ambulance Service.
The event, in its 22nd year now, featured various scenarios set up by the police and fire service in which the children took part while the ambulance service taught First Aid.
Wanda Betts, the panel’s vice chair and co-ordinator of Crucial Crew, said: “While the children attending Crucial Crew are engaged in learning serious life skills we aim to ensure they have fun while gaining that knowledge.”
You may also want to watch:
Crucial Crew is sponsored by the Mildenhall Charity Shop, Mildenhall Stadium and MLT Transport.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton