58 people turn out to help give Woodbridge a Spring Clean
- Credit: Archant
A large number of litter pickers turned out for this year’s event.
The event which is run as part of Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British Spring Clean was attended by 58 volunteers including members of Woodbridge Deben Rotary. Woodbridge Lions, Transition Woodbridge, Woodbridge WI and students from Farlingaye School.
There were seven sessions over the course of the weekend which cleared rubbish from seven areas of the town including car parks, play areas and the length of the town side of the A12.
Of the items collected the some of the most common were cigarette butts, food and drink packaging and a large quantity of plastic cable ties thought to have been used to put up advertising banners.
Some litter pickers were luckier than other with one commenting: “It is actually quite fun and completely addictive.
You may also want to watch:
“We have even found a little money!”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project