7 things to do in Suffolk and north Essex this weekend
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Your weekend inspiration is here.
Crazy For You
The Ipswich Regent
Get ready for a high energy, high kicking and gloriously glamorous show.
This is the ultimate feel-good musical starring Tom Chambers, Claire Sweeney and Charlotte Wakefield.
There will be two shows on Saturday - one at 2.30pm and one at 7.30pm.
To book tickets and to watch a trailer visit the website.
- 1 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 2 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 4 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 5 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 6 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 7 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory at Forest Green
- 9 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 10 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
Craft and Gift Fair
St Peter’s Church, Sudbury
Make sure you attend the first craft fair of 2018 in Sudbury.
There will be over 30 stalls with lots of gift ideas that you won’t find on the highstreet.
You will also be able to enjoy a magician, listen to talks on the history of the high street and have a bite to eat in the cafe.
To find out more visit the website.
The Best of Wham!
If you are a Wham! fan you won’t want to miss this event.
Spend the evening singing and dancing to the best Wham! classics.
Enjoy the great vocals, choreography, costumes and live band.
To book tickets and to find out more visit the website.
Viva La Camp
Colchester Arts Centre
A night of dance, music, comedy, burlesque acts and drag artists.
Gather your friends and head to the Colchester Art Centre for an evening of fun.
You can buy tickets in advance or on the door however they are cheaper on the door.
To find out more information and to book tickets visit the website.
Storymaker - Little Story
New Wolsey Theatre, Ipswich
One for the little ones to enjoy.
If you have a three or four year old that loves silly stories and tremendous tales then you have got to come and meet the Storymaker.
Mums, Dads, Grans, Grandads and siblings can all take part too.
To read more about the event visit the website.
Wilkie Collins’ The Ghost’s Touch
Civic Theatre, Chelmsford
A haunting play based on the chilling tale by the author of The Woman In White.
Staring Mark Homer, from Eastenders, as Stephen Rayburnard and Terri Dwyer, from Law and Order, as the mysterious Mrs Zant.
Tickets cost £17 and can be booked online here.
Lavenham Farmers Market
Lavenham Village Hall
Head down to the market this weekend and check out over thirty producers.
Everything sold at the market comes from within a thirty mile radius with many of the traders living in Lavenham.
You can expect fresh fruit and vegetables, locally baked fresh bread, Suffolk beef, pork, lamb, venison, home baked cakes, pies and lots more.
For the full details visit the website.