£75,000 price tag for royal-inspired beach hut
- Credit: Archant
A beach hut fit for a royal has gone on the market for a princely sum.
The newly constructed beach hut Victoria on Gun Hill, Southwold, is up for sale with estate agent Durrants for £75,000.
It sits next to Albert, along a row of huts named after members of the royal family.
Durrants Southwold office manager Roseanne Green said: “It’s on the sand so it’s smaller. It’s a brand new hut, as the last one was damaged in the storms last year.
“It’s a sweet little hut.”
Mrs Green also said the hut was empty, so the new owner could add what they wanted to it.
She added: “Huts on the promenade are selling for about £150,000, so you could get one just a few feet away for half that price.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 5 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 8 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 9 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 10 Things we might learn from Ipswich Town's pre-season games
“It’s absolutely ideal for a family with young children.
“There’s more open space than on the promenade and not so much foot traffic.”