Man, 77, dies after car collides with tree in Yoxford
- Credit: Archant
A 77-year-old man has died following a collision in Yoxford on Tuesday.
Police were called at around 9.35pm on Tuesday, May 22, to reports of a single vehicle collision on the A12 near Town Farm Lane, just south of Yoxford.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, a grey Citroen Xsara Picasso was travelling northbound when it left the road to the nearside and collided with a tree.
He said: “The driver of the car, who was the only occupant, was initially taken to Ipswich Hospital with serious injuries, before being transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he has now sadly died. “
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward. They would also like to hear from any drivers with dashcams who were travelling on the A12 through Yoxford between 9.30pm and 9.35pm on Tuesday evening.
Calls should be made to Suffolk police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference CAD 447 of May 22.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win