Road cleared following 8 vehicle collision on A12
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
The road has now reopened following a crash on the A12 which involved eight vehicles.
Officers from Essex Police were called to the scene of a collision on the A12 at Stratford St Mary heading northbound towards Ipswich.
The road was blocked between the Langham turn off and junction 30 at Stratford St Mary, and despite the road now being open a spokesman for Essex Police has advised that motorists should avoid the area and expect delays.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We were called around 7.25am this morning, Tuesday 24 September, with reports of a collision involving eight vehicles on the A12 northbound near to the Langham junction.
"Please expect delays and avoid the area where possible."
You may also want to watch:
According to the AA route planner traffic is also slow on the other side of the road.
The extent of any injuries are unknown at this time.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain