85-year-old attacked in his own home during attempted burglary
An 85-year-old man was assaulted after confronting a burglar in his own home.
The attack happened at a property in Tuddenham Road, Ipswich, between 11am and 11.20am this morning.
Police said a male suspect is on the run after fleeing the address.
Officers believe the occupant may have disturbed a burglar before being assaulted. His injuries are not thought to be serious but they required treatment at the scene.
A police spokesman said: “An elderly male was assaulted in his home in Tuddenham Road having possibly disturbed a burglar.
You may also want to watch:
“We are appealing for witnesses who saw anything suspicious in the area at the time.”
If you can help police with their inquiries, call 101.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today