A baby dinosaur is a highlight at West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village’s first Dragon Festival
- Credit: Archant
An inaugural Dragon Festival will now be an annual event after more than 1,300 turned out at the weekend.
Everything dragon was celebrated at West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village on Saturday and Sunday, with a ‘living’ T-Rex a popular attraction.
Glynis Baxter, heritage officer, said: “We are delighted by how many people were able to come our first-ever Dragon Festival and enjoy the family activities on offer.
“Particularly popular were the raptor flight displays, Beowulf and the Dragon re-enactments and of course the T-Rex on the Sunday.
“People told us it was not only one of the best events they had been to but also one of the best Father’s Days they had celebrated, and it was lovely to hear so many happy reports and see so many smiling faces.
You may also want to watch:
“Many had not been to West Stow before so it was great on our part to be able to introduce them to the village, our Anglo-History heritage and beautiful surrounding country park.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth