A cooler Bank Holiday weekend with some showers forecast
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk is gearing up for a three-day weekend but after a dry, sunny April the weather is expected to be much cooler with a chance of showers over the bank holiday.
Temperatures across the region are not expected to get over 13C over the weekend.
A few extra layers and even a rain mac might be needed for anyone heading out over the weekend as on Saturday a thick cloud cover is forecasted bringing the risk of some showers to the more southernly parts of the region.
People could be waking up to a frost on Sunday morning, but sunny spells forecast in the morning before turning cloudy in the afternoon.
It is looking to be mostly dry on Monday, but by mid afternoon the cloud cover will increase, which will also increase the chance of showers.
Fred Best, from Weatherquest, said: "There is the risk of showers in the afternoon on both Saturday and Sunday.
"Winds will be light from the north-east and temperatures will peak at around 13C."
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 4 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 8 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 9 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo