A feast of oysters for Colchester
THE prestigious Oyster Feast returned to the Moot Hall at Colchester Town Hall yesterday.
Since the modern feast began in 1845, the event reminds Colchester of its heritage as well as “addressing the great sense of community” the town possesses.
The event was hold with the theme of “The Community and its many volunteers” and the Mayor of Wootton Bassett, Mary Champion was one of the honorary guests.
Other speakers at the event included former presenter of One Man and his Dog and Daily Telegraph columnist, Robin Page, RAF Flight Lieutenant Mark Garbett, chef Mark Baumann and Michael J. Fitch, Colchester’s very own magician.
Colchester Mayor Sonia Lewis, said: “I’m proud and honoured to be part of this year’s celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
“Colchester is a garrison town and the feast is an opportunity to pledge our support to our troops out in Afghanistan”.
Music entertainment was provided by the Colne Valley Youth Orchestra, whose musical repertoire consists of both classical and contemporary styles.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm