A-level Results Day 2018: Live updates from east Suffolk schools and colleges
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of students across Suffolk have been finding out their A-level results this morning.
We will be bringing you live news, pictures and video from east Suffolk schools and colleges as the results roll in.
Our east Suffolk reporter is heading out to Farlingaye High School this morning – stay tuned for interviews with students.
Didn’t get the results you wanted? Read our ultimate A-level results day guide.
Bungay High School
% of A* to C grades - 73% (65% in 2017)
Angelo Goduti, headteacher, said they were “extremely proud” of results which reflected “hard work, commitment and dedication”.
“We are delighted with the outstanding results of our sixth form students at Bungay High School,” he said. “The percentage of A-levels graded at A* to E is once again an impressive 98% with A*-C at 73%.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 6 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 9 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
Hartismere School and Sixth Form
% of A* to C grades - 86% (81%)
Headmaster James McAtear, said: “These results are a testimony to the hard work of all our staff, governors and students and to the support given to them by their parents.”
Lowestoft Sixth Form College
% of A* to C grades - 80% (80%)
Principal Kevin Grieve said: “Last year the college was judged to be the highest performing sixth form college for A-level performance and attainment. Our 2018 results are just as outstanding and I am very proud of all the students’ and staff at the college. LSFC students have once again performed significantly better than the national averages for schools and colleges, and have exceeded their own targets based on their GCSE grades.”
Sir John Leman High School Sixth Form
% of A* to C grades - 65% (82%)
Michael Taylor, headteacher, said: “The Sir John Leman High School would like to congratulate its Y13 students, brilliant results from a comprehensive sixth form, including a 100pc pass rate.
“Many personal bests have been achieved - students exceeding their personal targets and attaining their desired next steps in life, for many this being a move onto university.”
Out of 80 A-Level students in total, 88% received A*-C, 68% achieved A* to B grades and 98% achieved A* to E grades
Dr Richard Robson, headmaster at Woodbridge School, said: “Congratulations to our sixth-form students for their excellent A-Level achievements.
“Nearly 90% of all grades were A* to C – over half of the students achieved at least one A grade and over a quarter achieved at least two.
“They should all be very proud of their results and we wish them every success as they leave Woodbridge and build on their foundation for life.”