Overturned lorry closes A1071 in both directions at Hintlesham
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to the scene of the incident on the A1071 at around 10.15am. The road remains closed and drivers are being asked to avoid the area.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that the lorry had come off the road ending up partly in a ditch and partly in a field.
As it came off the road the lorry hit overhead cables belonging to BT.
BT engineers are currently on the scene.
Drivers are reporting severe delays in the area with queues stretching back to Duke Street.
You may also want to watch:
One driver said: “I’m stuck in it and have now missed the meeting I came out for!
“The A1071 is closed and Hadleigh back road incredible jammed.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-3 draw at Colchester
Recovery is currently being arranged for the lorry but police expect the road to be closed until at least 4pm this afternoon.
There are not thought to be any injuries at this time.
More to follow.