Busy Suffolk road reopens after two car crash causes chaos
- Credit: Archant
A busy road in Suffolk has reopened after a two car crash blocked both carriageways.
Police were called to the crash on the A1071 in Hintlesham shortly before 4pm today to reports that the road was blocked by two vehicles.
The ambulance service were also called and treated two patients at the scene.
A woman was treated for a bad cut above her eye and the male driver of one of the vehicles was treated for shock.
The road will remained closed while the police organised for the cars to be removed.
There are still severe traffic problems in the area with tailback reaching back to Hadleigh on the northbound road and Ipswich heading southbound.
Officers are advising that motorists avoid the area while the road remains closed.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week