A11 closed at Barton Mills after power cables fall
- Credit: Staff
The A11 at Barton Mills has been closed in both directions after a power cable came down.
Suffolk police were called at 10.50am to the stretch of road near the Fiveways roundabout.
A police spokeswoman said power cables on the southbound carriageway had fallen, and had caused a blockage to the road in both directions.
Officers have closed the road in both directions while work is underway.
UK power Networks have been called and are due to be on scene shortly.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area while work is ongoing to clear the lines.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre