Overturned lorry closes A11 near Mildenhall after colliding with central barrier
- Credit: HIGHWAYS ENGLAND
An overturned lorry has closed the A11 in both directions this afternoon according to Highways England.
The A11 will remain closed for several hours after a lorry damaged 300 metres of central reservation between the A1065 and A1101 at Mildenhall and the A134 at Thetford.
Police were called to the collision earlier today, around two miles from Mildenhall, at 12.50pm after a lorry overturned after colliding with the central reservation.
A tweet from Highways England read: “The #A11 in #Norfolk will remain closed in both directions between the #A1065/#A1101 #Mildenhall and the #A134 #Thetford for several hours. Around 200-300 metres of central reservation wire barrier has been removed. Our service providers are on scene and ready to replace.”
Traffic has been diverted off the A11 while the vehicle is recovered and the damage is repaired.
You may also want to watch:
Both the ambulance service and Suffolk Fire Service were called but were not required to attend the scene.
More to follow.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses