Suspected thief caught with ‘stolen’ cables in A11 police stop
- Credit: NSRAPT
A disqualified van driver caught driving with their door open on the A11 has been arrested by Suffolk police.
Police had initially thought the van stopped in the road was broken down - although after it pulled away, they later discovered things were not what they seemed.
Officers say the van drove off with its side door open, which they later found to contain what they believe to be stolen cables.
The driver was later arrested for theft of a motor vehicle, theft of cables and for driving while disqualified.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Armed and Roads Policing Team said in a tweet: "Christmas came early for @NSRAPT what looked like a broken down vehicle, pulled away with the side door open on A11 #Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
"Vehicle stopped and driver arrested for Theft of MV, Theft of cable and disqualified driving."
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 Burst water main floods A14 roundabout and leaves homes without water
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash