A11 near Mildenhall closed for hours after crash damages central reservation
- Credit: Archant
The A11 was closed for more than five hours this morning due to a crash.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the single-vehicle accident happened close to 1am on the northbound carriageway at Elveden.
This carriageway was closed as the central reservation was in need of urgent repair and police said it reopened at 6.27am.
An ambulance attended for the man driving the red Audi, but he is not believed to be seriously injured.
The accident happened close to the Mildenhall Fiveways roundabout and the road was closed between the A1065 at Barton Mills and the junction with the B1106.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was diverted through Lakenheath via the A1065 and B1106, before rejoining the A11 at the B1107 roundabout.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash