Fog warning still in place over rush hour across Suffolk and Essex
- Credit: Archant
Fog, mist and low visibility is expected to linger in Suffolk and Essex until this afternoon, with drivers urged to take caution on the roads.
Having warned drivers of potential fog from 7pm on Tuesday, December 17, the weather warning issued by the Met Office remains in place until 1pm today.
This poor visibility means drivers should expect slower journeys and delays to bus and train service.
There is a chance of delays or cancellations to flights as well.
East Anglian forecasters Weatherquest expect a dull start to the day with patches of mist, fog and low cloud slow to clear.
You may also want to watch:
This should eventually clear into sunny spells and the region is expected to stay dry, with no rain due to arrive in Suffolk until Wednesday nihgt/
Thicker cloud will push in from the south-west by the end of the day, with light winds to make temperatures of 7-9C feel colder.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab