Two people trapped after A12 crash
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters and paramedics have helped to free two people who became trapped in their vehicle after a crash on the A12 in Essex.
Fire engines from Witham, Chelmsford and Tiptree were sent to the scene of the accident, near junction 22 for Witham, at around 8.05am today.
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Firefighters were called to assist at the scene of a road traffic collision on the A12 near Witham.
"Fire crews worked with paramedics to release two casualties trapped in their vehicle.
"The casualties were released by 9am and left in the care of the ambulance service."
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear if the two people were injured, or how seriously.
Both carriageways of the A12 are partially blocked as a result of the crash, but traffic is coping well, according to the AA traffic cameras.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years