A12 remains closed as blocked drains cause further flooding
- Credit: Archant
Huge delays are being reported this morning after blocked drains caused more misery on yet another of Suffolk’s biggest road, the A12.
Diversions are now on place on the A12 southbound near Bredfield as a result of the blocked drains.
Long delays are being reported in the area as a result of the diversion.
Suffolk Highways have been called to the scene to deal with the drain but said that it could take several hours to re-open fully.
"Thank you all for your patience whilst our teams carry out their work," said Suffolk Highways on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
It's not the first time this week that blocked drains have caused problems on the county's roads.
On Wednesday, commuters ended up sat in huge queues on the A14 after a blocked drain led to part of the road being closed for hours, following large amounts of heavy rain.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket