A12 remains closed as blocked drains cause further flooding
- Credit: Archant
Huge delays are being reported this morning after blocked drains caused more misery on yet another of Suffolk’s biggest road, the A12.
Diversions are now on place on the A12 southbound near Bredfield as a result of the blocked drains.
Long delays are being reported in the area as a result of the diversion.
Suffolk Highways have been called to the scene to deal with the drain but said that it could take several hours to re-open fully.
"Thank you all for your patience whilst our teams carry out their work," said Suffolk Highways on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
It's not the first time this week that blocked drains have caused problems on the county's roads.
On Wednesday, commuters ended up sat in huge queues on the A14 after a blocked drain led to part of the road being closed for hours, following large amounts of heavy rain.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 6 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people