A12 reopens after ‘serious’ crash
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
The A12 was closed near to the border between Suffolk and Essex after a serious collision.
Highways England confirmed the busy road was closed heading southbound between junctions 30 (Stratford St Mary) and 29 (Ardleigh Crown Interchange).
Drivers were asked to find alternative routes and allow extra travel time.
One eyewitness, who had to take a detour at Capel St Mary, said: "Traffic is at a complete standstill. Lots of cars are going off at Capel and going through the back-roads via Great Wenham. It's chaos."
A spokesman for Highways England said Essex Police were leading the response to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
They said at the time: "The A12 is currently closed from its junction with the B1029 to the A120 with delays of at least 15 minutes covering several miles of the southbound carriageway.
"This closure is due to a road traffic collision and Highways England has resources deployed working hard to restore normal conditions as soon as possible."
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
The road has since reopened, according to the AA Traffic News website.
However there are still believed to be significant delays due to queuing traffic.