A12 REOPENS after four-vehicle crash closed both carriageways
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A collision between four vehicles on the A12 has now been cleared and both carriageways have been reopened.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to reports of the crash on the A12 at Saxmundham at around 12.30pm today.
The crash closed the road in both directions while paramedics and fire crews assessed the parties involved.
Three fire engines were called to the scene, one from Orford, Aldeburgh and a third from Leiston.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Officers were called to a four-vehicle collision on the A12 at Saxmundham.
You may also want to watch:
"None of the injuries are believed to be life-threatening or life-changing at this time."
Suffolk Police also tweeted: "The #A12 at #Saxmundham has been closed in both directions whilst emergency services deal with a multiple vehicle collision. Please avoid the area."
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 9 Sunday Snap! Kieron helps warm them up, team-mates reunited, Al Jolson and don't forget the Skids!
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
The road has now reopened.