A12 closed and homes may be evacuated after gas leak
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Emergency services have been called to the A12 at Wangford in Suffolk this afternoon after a serious gas leak.
The A12 is closed in both directions and a 60m cordon is in place around the affected gas main.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said that they were awaiting the arrival of Cadent to look at the situation further.
He said it was a possibility that there may need to be some evacuations in the area but that this would be decided upon Cadent's advice.
Six fire crews from across north and east Suffolk were called to the incident.
Suffolk police are also on the scene.
No casualties have been reported.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman