A12 cleared after two collisions block road in both directions
- Credit: Archant
The A12 was blocked at Blythburgh this afternoon following two road traffic collision which left two people injured.
The incidents happened between the Thorington Turnoff and Priory Road just minutes apart.
Police were first called, at around 10.45am, to reports of a two vehicle collision involving a blue Ford Mondeo and an orange Suzuki Swift.
The fire service were also called as there was reports that the Fiat has smoke coming from the engine and that it was leaking fuel.
On their way to the incident, at around 10.55am, officers spotted another crash involving a red Fiat Panda, a white Audi A1 and a black Skoda Fabia.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk police said two people involved in the second collision has been taken to hospital with what are believed to be minor injuries.
The two crashes caused traffic to build up in the area and officers asked motorists to avoid the area if possible as it was blocked in both directions.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 10 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
The spokesman added that the road had been cleared by 1.10pm.