A12 re-opens after serious crash
- Credit: DANIEL HARNESS
A stretch of the Ipswich-bound A12 has re-opened after a car crash left one vehicle in the opposite carriageway.
The accident, just before junction 24 at Kelvedon, happened around 2.30pm on Tuesday, September 24.
One vehicle is said to have hit the central reservation on the southbound carriageway and come to a stop in the opposite side of the road.
The carriageway was shut between junctions 23 and 24 as a result, with tailbacks stretching more than eight miles.
Residual delays are expected to remain for a short time.
The crash came as fans of both Tottenham Hotspur and Colchester United began their journeys to the Jobserve Community Stadium for the U's cup match against the London club.
Fans have taken to Twitter to advise allowing extra time for their journeys.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
The extent of any injuries is not currently known.
A spokesman for Essex police said: "If you saw anything, have any dash cam footage, or have any other information about the incident please call us on 101 quoting incident 637 of 24 September or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."