A12 re-opens after serious crash
- Credit: DANIEL HARNESS
A stretch of the Ipswich-bound A12 has re-opened after a car crash left one vehicle in the opposite carriageway.
The accident, just before junction 24 at Kelvedon, happened around 2.30pm on Tuesday, September 24.
One vehicle is said to have hit the central reservation on the southbound carriageway and come to a stop in the opposite side of the road.
The carriageway was shut between junctions 23 and 24 as a result, with tailbacks stretching more than eight miles.
Residual delays are expected to remain for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
The crash came as fans of both Tottenham Hotspur and Colchester United began their journeys to the Jobserve Community Stadium for the U's cup match against the London club.
Fans have taken to Twitter to advise allowing extra time for their journeys.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
The extent of any injuries is not currently known.
A spokesman for Essex police said: "If you saw anything, have any dash cam footage, or have any other information about the incident please call us on 101 quoting incident 637 of 24 September or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."