A12 delays after reports of car crashing into ditch
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A car has reportedly crashed into a ditch off the A12, closing one lane and causing queueing traffic.
The incident happened close to Colchester at 1.25pm, on the northbound carriageway close to the exit near Colchester United's stadium.
Essex Police have been contacted for further information.
Fire crews from Essex are also reportedly at the scene.
According to the AA Travel Planner: "One lane is blocked and traffic is queueing due to an accident on the A12 Northbound at junction 27 with the A133, Cymbeline Way.
You may also want to watch:
"Only one lane open towards Ipswich.
"Reports suggest a vehicle has left the road and gone into a ditch."
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners