Three arrests after car smashes through A12 crash barrier and collides with police cars
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
The A12 was closed for a number of hours overnight after a vehicle being driven dangerously collided with two marked police cars as well as the crash barrier – causing extensive damage.
Police have arrested three males in connection with the incident at Great Wenham on the A12 in the early hours of this morning.
Officers saw a vehicle being driven in a dangerous manner on the A12 northbound towards Ipswich at about 1am.
They conducted an enforced stop of a red Renault Clio and in the process the car was in collision with two marked police vehicles as well as the crash barrier in the central reservation, causing extensive damage to the police vehicles and the crash barrier.
The road was closed northbound and officers arrested a 28-year-old male on suspicion of being concerned in supplying drugs, dangerous driving and driving whilst disqualified.
You may also want to watch:
A 22-year-old male was also arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs and suspicion of being concerned in supplying drugs, while a 23 year old was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in supplying drugs.
All three men were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning where they remain.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
No-one was seriously injured in the incident.
The Clio vehicle has been seized and will be forensically examined and searched with enquiries ongoing.
Any witnesses are asked to contact Suffolk police quoting crime reference: 37/14882/20.