Woman in hospital after fire crews rescue her from A12 crash
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A woman has been taken to hospital following a collision on the A12 where she became trapped inside her car.
Two fire crews from Colchester and one from Wivenhoe were called to the scene of the collision on the A12 shortly after 9pm last night.
The crash took place at junction 30 on the A12 at Stratford St Mary, heading northbound towards Ipswich.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, said: "Firefighters were called to a road traffic collision on the A12, Northbound at Junction 30.
"On arrival, crews reported that a woman was trapped in her car and worked to release her by 10.02pm.
You may also want to watch:
"The woman was left in the care of the Ambulance Service."
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door