Major delays on A12 after three-car crash
- Credit: Archant
A rush hour crash has sparked long delays on the A12 near Colchester.
Three vehicles were involved in the collision, which happened on the southbound carriageway between Boreham and Sandon, at around 8.15am today.
The crash has blocked the outside lane and traffic is now queuing back past Marks Tey.
Drivers are being warned of long delays, of up to 30 minutes.
Essex Travel News tweeted at around 8.20am: “Accident involving three vehicles blocking the outside lane between J19 (Boreham Interchange) and junction 18 (A414/Sandon) queuing traffic back to Witham North (junction 22).”
News of this crash comes as police announced a man had died in a collision on the M11 near Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
Major delays have been reported and it is expected the road will be shut until the evening while police investigate what happened.
For the Boreham crash, there are no reports of any injuries to drivers or passengers involved.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 10 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click
East of England Ambulance Service representatives have been approached for further comment.