A12: Driver arrested after car is seen to be weaving from one side of road to the other
A 44-YEAR-OLD man from Reydon, near Southwold, has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving following an incident on the A12 last night.
Police were called at about 9.30pm by a member of the public who reported that a Citroen Saxo heading southbound on the A12 was weaving from one side of the road to the other.
Other drivers in front and behind the car were attempting to warn other motorists and stop the vehicle.
Police attended however the vehicle continued and moments later, just before the Saxmundham turning, the Saxo collided with an oncoming Ford Focus.
Fortunately no injuries were reported at the scene and the 44-year-old man was arrested for dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while an initial investigation got under way.
The 44-year-old is currently in custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he is also being interviewed on suspicion of driving whilst unfit, as police investigate if he was under the influence of drugs.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
Officers are asking anyone who may have seen any part of the incident to contact Suffolk Police headquarters roads policing unit on 101.