Stretch of A12 to close at 7pm
Drivers will face a second evening of diversions on the A12 at Farnham due to emergency roadworks.
The closure will be in place from 7pm this evening until 6am tomorrow morning, while Essex and Suffolk Water carry out reinstatement work.
In a tweet, the company warned drivers: "Possible traffic disruption on #A12 at #TheStreet later today.
"This is due to reinstatement work that will be carried out on the carriageway, following a burst yesterday.
"We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience."
You may also want to watch:
This is the second evening that the stretch of the A12 will close for more than 10 hours while roadworks are carried out.
Essex and Suffolk Water are advising drivers to take the approximate 25-minute diversion route.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
The diversion tells drivers to head north-east on The Street/A12 towards Park Road, continue to follow the A12 and turn right onto the A1094.
After approximately 2.7km turn right onto Church Road/B1069 and after 6km turn right onto Orford Road/B1078.
Then turn right onto Ashe Rd/B1078 and at the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the A12 slip road to Lowestoft.
The reverse route applies.