A12 in Farnham reopens following five vehicle collision
The A12 in Farnham has reopened following a five vehicle crash this morning.
The crash happened at 9.11am on the northbound carriageway at the Park Road junction, a police spokeswoman said, with the road blocked until 11.44am
She added that four people were injured and although they were described as only having minor injuries, they were all taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The vehicles involved in the crash were a Ford Focus Sport, a Renault Megane Dynamique, a Volkswagen Tranpsport 1000TD, a Peugeot 206 S and a Vauxhall Combo 2300.
The northbound carriageway was blocked completely while emergency services dealt with the incident and vehicles struggled to pass on the southbound carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance service spokesman said a rapid response vehicle and three ambulance crews were tasked to the crash.
Fire crews from Aldeburgh, Leiston, Framlingham and Saxmundham worked to release two casualties trapped in their vehicles.
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'