A12: Man killed in crash named by police as John Medland
POLICE have today named a man who has died following an accident on the A12.
The crash happened anear to the BP garage at Stratford St Andrew at around 1.25pm on Tuesday.
Three cars, a Ford Fiesta, Hyundai, Ford Fusion were involved.
The driver of the Ford Fiesta, Mr John Medland, 90, of Chapel Road, Saxmundham was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
He has since died of the serious injuries he sustained, police have said.
The female driver of the Hyundai and the male driver of the Ford Fusion sustained lesser injuries; they too were taken to Ipswich Hospital and treated for their injuries.
A woman in her 20s died of injuries she suffered when three cars and a lorry collided on the same day, on the A140 at Brome.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 10 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
A section of the A12 was closed whilst emergency services dealt with the incident and recovery of the vehicles took place.
Police would like to hear from anyone who was driving along the A12 and witnessed the collision. The Ford Fiesta and Ford Fusion were travelling northbound (Lowestoft direction) and the Hyundai was travelling southbound (towards Ipswich).
Calls should be made to the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.