A12: Motorists suffer long delays as emergency repairs leave one lane closed in both directions near to Copdock
MOTORISTS are advised to expect long delays after an overnight collision left a lan closed in each direction on the A12.
Police were alerted to a two vehicle collision on the A12, just north of Capel St Mary, at 2am today.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said those involved had suffered minor injuries.
He said one of the vehicles had struck a nearby pole which had caused disruptions to overhead wires.
EDF and BT have been on scene overnight and are still working to resolve the issues.
The outside lane of the northbound and southbound carriageway are closed, causing tailbacks which are expected to get worse during rush hour.
The emergency repairs have caused congestion to build through to the Copdock interchange and Stratford St Mary.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
An addition incident at Copdock on the A14 is causing even more disruption, with one lane blocked on the westbound carriageway due to a collision involving a lorry. Tailbacks are as far as the Wherstead Interchange.
Meanwhile, rail users can expect a stress free journey this morning, with no major problems reported by rail provider Greater Anglia.