A12 re-opened following serious crash
Traffic is now back to normal on the A12 after it was reopened following a serious crash.
Essex Police say a motorist lost control of his vehicle, a silver Vauxhall Corsa, and crashed.
Both lanes of the Ipswich-bound carriageway were closed while emergency services attended the scene at Kelvedon at 7.30am today.
One lane of the London-bound carriageway was also closed for a short time to allow space for the air ambulance to land. A man from Witham was taken to Romford’s Queen’s Hospital suffering from suspected spinal injuries. It has now transpired that he suffered a cut to the head and may be discharged later today.
The A12 Ipswich-bound carriageway reopened at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Duty operations manager at the East of England Ambulance Service Adrian Paine said: “The patient was a young man believed to be in his late teens or early 20s. He had suffered a cut to his head, which was his only visible injury. Although he was conscious he was very confused, indicating the possibility of a serious head injury.
“Land and air ambulance crews worked together to assess the patient and stabilise his condition at the scene. He was then flown to Queens Hospital in Romford, which has a specialist neurology unit.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence