A12 carriageway closed all weekend as resurfacing continues
- Credit: Archant
A stretch of the northbound A12 will remain closed all weekend as resurfacing works by Highways England continue.
Works to replace the existing concrete surface between Witham and Kelvedon – initially laid in the 1960s – began on the carriageway on Thursday evening.
As it stands, the northbound carriageway remains closed between junction 22 and junction 24 until 6am Tuesday, November 17.
As part of the works, drains will also be cleared alongside the installation of new cats eyes and road markings.
Work to resurface the southbound carriageway is set to begin on Thursday, November 19.
You may also want to watch:
For the current closure, motorists should exit the A12 at junction 19 onto the A130, before taking the A120 to rejoin the A12 at junction 25.
For the southbound closure later in the month, drivers are advised to follow this route in the opposite direction.
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base