A12 reopens after car ends up on its side near Martlesham
- Credit: Leon Steed
The A12 near Martlesham has reopened after a collision left a car on its side - blocking one lane of traffic.
Police were called to scene of a two vehicle collision on A12 southbound just before 7.10am today (June 10) by ambulance crews.
The driver of the overturned vehicle sustained a cut to the head and was assessed at the scene by paramedics.
Three fire crews were also dispatched from Ipswich East, Woodbridge and Princes Street to help assist at the scene.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue, said: "Crews used battery operated rescue equipment to create space around the casualty who was trapped."
You may also want to watch:
One lane was shut whilst emergency services dealt with the incident, but it has since reopened but delays are still being reported.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case