A12 to be closed overnight for nearly a month to allow repair work near Brentwood
- Credit: Archant
Road works on the A12 are leading to overnight road closures near Brentwood.
From May 18 the northbound carriageway will be shut at 9.30pm until 6am between junctions 11 and 12 until June 9.
This is to enable barrier repair work and resurfacing of the road to be carried out in areas which cannot be accessed with a contraflow.
During the closure traffic will be diverted from the A12 at junction 11 (Brook St Interchange) through Brentwood and along the B1002 to the A12 junction 13.
Diversions will be clearly signed ahead of any closures and drivers are advised to allow extra time for their journeys.
You may also want to watch:
The project, between junctions 11 and 12 of the A12, involves resurfacing the road, renewing road signs, repairing drainage and upgrading safety barriers.
Work on the project is expected to finish by the end of July.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
Most of the work is being carried out at night using a contraflow, so the road can remain open to traffic.