Three other vehicles involved in motorbike crash on A12 fail to stop at scene
- Credit: Google
Police have said three vehicles failed to stop at the scene of a collision which closed a stretch of the A12.
The crash led to the closure of the road near Capel St Mary on Sunday afternoon.
Police were called to the scene, on the northbound carriageway, at about 1.35pm.
Investigators said a motorbike, being ridden northbound, was in collision with three other vehicles.
When the motorcycle then left the road, the other three vehicles immediately left the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The male motorcyclist was conscious when emergency services arrived.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment to head injuries.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Enquiries are on-going to locate the other three vehicles, said police.
One lane of the northbound A12 reopend shortly after 5pm, according Highways England.
The crash scene was clear following investigation work but caused long delays for motorists.
Diversions were put in place for northbound road users from Ardleigh to Wherstead.
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or was travelling in the area and may have dash-cam footage of the vehicles, is asked to contact the police headquarters roads policing team on 1010, quoting CAD number 207 of July 29.
Relevant dash-cam or mobile phone footage can be uploaded at suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/report-something/9-dashboard-camera-report-form.