Police shut A120 following collision
- Credit: Archant
The A120 is closed close to the A12 junction at Colchester following a car crash this evening.
The collision was reported by Essex Police and Highways England about 8.10pm after a crash on the westbound carriageway caused traffic to build close to the junction with the A12.
The road has since been closed in both directions, with police remaining at the scene.
It is expected to remain shut until at least 11pm while the site is cleared and police carry out their investigation.
Highways England warned drivers in a tweet: "The A120 is closed in both directions between the A12 junction at Marks Tey near Colchester and the B1024 near Coggeshall, while Essex Police deal with a collision."
You may also want to watch:
Highways England directed drivers to diversions along the A130 towards Little Waltham and the A131 towards Braintree.
The closure comes just hours after the Orwell Bridge on the A14 was brought to a standstill following a rush-hour car crash that caused over four miles of tailbacks.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision