Three taken to hospital following serious collision between car and motorbike
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays on the A120 at Harwich this morning and three people are in hospital following a serious collision.
Essex Police were called at 6.30am to reports of a collision between a Ford Titanium and a Kawasaki Motorbike.
Officers confirmed that three people have been taken to hospital as a result of the collision.
The rider of the motorbike is reported to have serious injuries.
The road is blocked between the B1035 near Horsley Cross and the B1352 near Ramsey.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services are at the scene and will be carrying out collision investigation works due to the severity of the incident, according to Highways England.
There are delays in both directions; westbound back to Harwich and eastbound towards Wix.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Eastbound diverted traffic should exit the A120 at Horsley Cross roundabout. Take the first exit and continue on the B1035 through Horsleycross Street until the junction with the B1352. Turn right onto the B1352 and continue passing through Mistley, Bradfield, Wrabness and Ramsey to then re-join the A120 at Ramsey Roundabout.
Westbound traffic should follow the reverse of the above route.
There are further delays on the B1414 through Great and Little Oakley as well as a result of the accident.
The road was re-opened shortly after 1.30pm.