A120: Car on fire near accident blackspot
- Credit: Archant
CREWS were called to a car on fire which had been involved in a crash near an accident blackspot.
Essex fire received reports of smoke coming from the car, a Peugeot 206, which was on the A120-A1232 Ardleigh Interchange at about 7.40am.
Two appliances from Colchester and one from Weeley attended. Crews used a hose reel to tackle the car fire.
Crews had the fire under control by 8am. A police spokeswoman said no one was injured in the crash.
Last week two crashes happened close to today’s accident at a notorious accident blackspot junction near Great Bromley.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigners have been fighting for years for improvements to the junction, which has been the scene of fatal crashes.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash