A120 CLOSED due to ‘extremely bad’ flood
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
The A120 is currently closed in both directions near Harwich due to ‘extremely bad’ flooding.
The road, connecting Harwich to Colchester, is currently closed between the B1352 for Ramsey and the B1035 for Horsley Cross.
Workers are now on scene dealing with the flood, and Essex Police are also understood to have been in attendance.
One Facebook user described the flooding as "extremely bad".
Highways England is warning drivers to expect disruption and to account for extra journey time.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion route is in place from the Horsley Cross Roundabout onto the B1305 through Horsleycross Street and then onto the B1352 through Mistley, Bradfield, Wrabness and Ramsey brefore re-joining the A120.
The cause of the flood has not yet been confirmed.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 8 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 9 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 10 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale