Lorry driver hospitalised after A120 collision
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old lorry driver was taken to hospital after his vehicle came off the road, forcing the closure of the A120.
The Essex Roads Policing Unit, which covers the north of the county, is currently on the scene, as officers work with Highways England to recover the vehicle.
Police were called to the incident shortly before 4am today, after reports of a single car collision involving a lorry on the A120 eastbound, near the Horsley Cross roundabout.
The driver of the lorry was taken to hospital and treated for his injuries. They are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
The eastbound carriageway was closed while the recovery took place and a diversion was put in place for traffic travelling between Harwich and Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
The road has now been reopened.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 9 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns